Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Be a Bother

Here's what I think...

You should always bother people if you have something nice to say.

I was thinking about this the other day, about how sometimes we err too much on the side of not wanting to bother someone who we feel compelled to reach out to. Whether it be a compliment, a thank you, a congratulations, a job well done, a "You look beautiful", or a keep your head up. Niceties need not be rarities.

I want to be a person who celebrates others. No matter how busy and over committed we all may be, let it be known that I will bother you to celebrate you. It might be a short text or email, interrupting you (kindly and quickly) if I see you out and about, a phone call, card, letter, gift, lunch or dance party. If we are loving well then those around us should feel well loved.

So go on now…who in your life do you need to interrupt with kind words and celebration? I promise they'll be so very happy you bothered them.

Grace,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment