Thursday, October 29, 2009

{inspired by}

I would consider myself to be a highly inspired person. I find inspiration in everything. Well, maybe not everything, but there really are a lot of things that inspire me. Mostly I am inspired by other people. There are some crazy talented, bold, creative, intellectual, amazing, inspiring people walking around on this planet. We're all ordinary, it's our hearts and our gifts that make us extraordinary.

I decided to start this blog for a couple of reasons. One is to have an outlet for the many, many, many, many thoughts, feelings, ideas, frustrations & inspirations that occur daily...hourly within this right brained-heart on her sleeve-free spirited girl. The other, more important reason I decided to start this blog is because I know a lot of extraordinarily gifted people. Creative folk. In a 9-5 society, life for the 'Artsy' ones of us often feels like a game of chasing our own tails. I find myself spending more time battling the "C's" confidence, comparison, and competence than actually focusing and working on my artistic pursuits. Well, no more!! There are so many of us out there on this journey of discovery who dream of using our gifts to enhance and make a difference in the world...and there are many out there who never took "No" for an answer and are no longer dreaming, but doing. They actually get paid to get up every day and be their awesomely artsy selves. I know people on this journey from each extreme and everywhere in between. I want this to be a place where we connect. I am going to invite these incredible people to step in as guest bloggers on a regular basis....musicians, writers, painters, designers, animators, film makers. From there I am hoping that it just keeps branching out and growing and that this becomes a place where we can be inspired and challenged by one another.

Can't wait to see what everyone is up to! Look out for the first guest blogger in the coming weeks...

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment