Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Good. So good.

I've recently become a big fan of Timothy Keller.  He is a pastor at a church in NYC and has a number of books published and sermons/speaking engagements available to listen to online.  I have been listening to and reading as much of his stuff as I can.  I can't get enough of it just like when I started watching LOST (good memories). When I'm not doing something that I need to be doing, I am b-lining it to my computer so I can listen to a new podcast. TK is the main course though, whereas LOST was just candy.  Both good in completely different ways, one is nourishing and the other has no benefit other than just tasting good.

TK speaks on a very broad number of topics with biblical foundation and wisdom.  One topic that he's particularly gifted (in my opinion...and seemingly others based on reviews etc.) is relationships. Narrower still, the marriage relationship.  Now, I'm not getting married anytime in the near future. But I would love to get married someday. In seeking personal and spiritual growth and wisdom in this particular area, relationships, I have found Tim's articulation on the topic to be incredibly truth filled and simply (again, in my opinion) right! One of my favorites is a two part series on dating that you can find  HERE.

It's
just
so
good.

I have a much deeper understanding of how to walk well into something that's easily rushed into. This impacted me enough to feel compelled to share. With love.

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment