Tuesday, January 24, 2012


I left New Zealand a year and a half ago and had no idea if or when I would have an opportunity to go back. It's hard leaving a place you love with people you love not knowing when you'll see them again. A few months ago I remember feeling like the time I spent over there was all a dream. I can close my eyes and picture places I frequently visited or walked passed, the bench I sat on every day while waiting for the bus to take me to work, the ocean literally at my feet and in my view all the time, the people. It all happened. How it all happened, and what I learned, and the friendships I gained, and how God provided has forever changed my life. Going back doesn't feel like just any old trip. Like just a visit. It feels more like I'm going home. There's a sense of belonging and when I left I wasn't the same as when I had arrived, part of me is rooted there. The storyline has changed from the snapshot etched in my memory of how things were when I left, I get to make an appearance in a new chapter.

Can't wait to share new photos and new stories, but here are a few of my favorite moments from the past...

xoxo Rachel









No comments:

Post a Comment