Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thankful

Life.
is.
good.

I'm sitting up on a Thursday night waiting for my laundry to finish. I can hear the dryer from my room and I'm anxiously awaiting the buzzer so I can fold it and sleep. I have been meaning to update my blog for weeks now... so I'm taking the opportunity to do just that. They let us know at the beginning, even before we arrived in San Diego that it would be hard to devote a whole lot of time to our personal lives. They were right. I've been so blessed by my friends and family who have all given me the freedom to truly live and immerse myself in this 4 month journey with Invisible Children. I've been able to call or email a number of people periodically throughout the time I've been on the road, but it's all been few and far between. Thank you for your patience and understanding, I can't wait to catch up in a few weeks.

(Ok, so it's Saturday now and I fell asleep Thursday night before I finished...here's the rest!)

What have I been up to? I have been meeting and talking to and getting to know new people all over the place. Not just 'any' people, but amazing people. People of all ages and in all different places in their lives who are compassionate and dedicated to REALLY being the change that needs to happen in this world. They don't just quote it on their facebook, these people are changing the world because they care and they have a willingness to give what they can to help people in need. My teammates and I all get thanked incessantly for the work we are doing...but for me personally, the thank you's are more deserved by the thousands of people, most of them not quite into their 20's yet, who are raising their voices against injustice. I'm blown away by the selfLESSness I see everyday. Amidst the dark reality of the LRA and their terror, there is a gleam of hope in the rising generation that Peace in Central East Africa is near. This I pray for. This I believe.

xx Rachel

A glimpse of the road as of late...

















No comments:

Post a Comment